ACSI’s Global Department works with more than 200 international schools in nearly 70 countries. The staff serve nearly 40,000 children of international Christian worker families, international business families, and national families. This department hosts professional development opportunities for educators and staff serving in the international school context. As a worldwide association of Christian schools and educators, ACSI is uniquely positioned to promote professional development and networking among its broad constituency around the world. The following events were created in response to that constituency’s request:
- International Christian Educator Conference (ICEC): a high-quality professional development conference for teachers, administrators, and staff serving in international Christian schools around the world. Conferences are held in Europe, Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
- International Administrator Conference (IAC): high-quality conferences designed specifically for leaders of international Christian schools.
- Third-Culture Kid-Pre-field Orientation (TCK-PFO): an annual conference for teachers, boarding parents, administrators, and their families headed to international Christian schools. This two-week long conference prepares participants for service in this context.
- International Recruiting Fair: an annual U.S. event that connects international school representatives and sending agencies with potential hires.
- Intermission Mission Kid Education Consultation (IMKEC): an annual conference for home-office sending agency personnel focused on educational issues facing the children of overseas Christian workers.