Certification Application Fee: $75
K–12 Philosophy Checklist
Equivalency Report Provider List
College Recognition Form
If you have trouble downloading the PDF documents, you may need a newer version of Adobe Reader.
Certification Tips for Success
ACSI teacher and administrator certification may seem like an overwhelming task when you first look into the process, but if you keep a few key principles in mind, you should be able to succeed without being confused, frustrated, or overwhelmed.
- Read the application form and other information thoroughly—never assume!
- Follow each instruction carefully and completely.
- Plan ahead. Currently the ACSI Certification Department handles over 40,000 teacher and administrator files. Turn around time for processing applications varies throughout the year, so please contact the Certification Department in regard to your application. If you are in a rush, send an additional $25 rush fee for a maximum turn-around time of one week.
- Do not hesitate to call 888.839.8101 and ask for clarity on any question regarding certification prior to applying or renewing. Good-intentioned individuals may have given you inaccurate information—check with the experts!
- Make sure to use a current application and include the appropriate application fee.
- Include application fee, application, and all necessary materials for evaluation when applying. If you are renewing, make sure your renewal requirements are included. (The credit evaluation form that came with your certificate is vital.) Sending items piecemeal or incomplete only delays the process.
- If you are sending transcripts directly, please be sure your name, the name of the college/university, its location, the degree earned, and date of degree are legible and unaltered. Please note that colleges must be accredited (regionally, ABHE, TRACS, or CHEA recognized) or ACSI-recognized/approved for transcripts to be accepted.
- If you are sending CEUs (Continuing Education Units), make sure they are from an ACSI-approved CEU provider and on the appropriate CEU form. CEUs for renewals must be earned after the date of issuance of the current certificate.
- If you have lost the credit evaluation form (list of renewal requirements) that was attached to your certificate, you may request a copy of it by sending a letter and $10 processing fee.
- Check the ACSI website frequently for all the latest certification information. Almost everything you want to know about certification will be found on the website under Educator/Certification.
- Encourage your school administration to designate an individual on your campus as the “resident” expert on certification. Have that person keep records and contact ACSI on behalf of your school to get all the latest information.
- The ACSI Certification Department is here to serve you, not to make certification more difficult. While it may seem we are demanding much from you, the requirements are set only in the best interest of the children you have been given the responsibility to educate and nurture for His glory.
- Please feel free to email or call 888.839.8101 to speak to a certification representative with any questions you may have.